Friday, November 9, 2012

8. something you do everyday

Eat.

This evening I enjoyed the best grilled cheese sandwich ever.  "Enjoyed" is an understatement; it was divine.

When visiting friends in San Francisco we drove into the Sonoma Valley to the tasting room at Gloria Ferrer Winery where we tried their Blanc de Blanc Carneros Sparkling Wine.  I am very, very particular with Chardonnay and this selection earned my firm approval.  Because Spec's truly cares for my well-being, I am able to find this wine here in the depths of central Texas and I purchased a bottle this evening.

Am I the only one who makes a dinner selection based on wine preference?  Good.

Rudi's Organic Bakery makes a Rosemary and Olive Oil Bread that is incredible!  Due to blind luck I am able to find it here and buy it periodically.  Grilled cheese sandwiches seemed a reasonable pairing with the Blanc de Blanc so I assembled them -- 1 1/2 pieces each of muenster and provolone cheeses and 4 or so thin slices of black forest ham on the rosemary bread which I (real) buttered on both outside pieces and pan-grilled until crispy.  Sometimes it really is only a few select ingredients that compose delicious combinations.





2012.11.08
[Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM]

No comments:

Post a Comment