Saturday, July 7, 2012

I Love "Riverside".

A few months ago I joined the Killeen Civic Art Guild to seek out inspiration and meet other like-minded people.  They presented an informal artists' challenge, "I Love This Song... to create a piece of art that illustrates a favorite piece of music."  

Working from a given theme is something I have little experience with, hence this really is a challenge. Of the two songs I immediately wanted to work from I have completed only one piece.  The other is still a viable concept but I need more time to execute it.

This past winter I stumbled upon Agnes Obel, an incredibly talented singer/songwriter/pianist.  Her entire album "Philharmonics"  is stunning but one song in particular has touched me, "Riverside".





My collage interpretation is fairly literal and though it is a simple design finding the right pieces was difficult.  I think it carries the tone of the song as I hear it.  Actual size is approximately 8 1/2" x 8 1/2".




When I eventually complete the other song's concept I will share it.  Open-ended time limit however.

1 comment: