Friday, December 7, 2012

6. from your country

About once a month I indulge in fast food, rotating through some major restaurant chains such as Burger King, Wendy's and Jack in the Box, my favorite.  Occasionally I'l try a regional or local place like Mooyah's which is quite good.  It all depends on what I'm craving or where I have coupons.

Usually I simply want a cheeseburger combo meal with fries and a drink.  My favorites are the Sirloin Burger and Jumbo Jack at Jack in the Box and the Whopper at Burger King, all with cheese (of course) and no pickles (too overpowering).  If a new burger is featured that looks good I'll often try it; Burger King had a series of BBQ burgers this past summer and one was absolutely incredible!  I love love love traditional french fries and my favorite is usually Wendy's though Sonic's tater tots are delicious too.  Drinking soda is a rarity for me, I usually choose unsweetened iced tea but sometimes a Dr. Pepper is in order.

The theme is this Photo A Day is "From where you live/your country:  Take a photo of something from your country – a flag, something unique, a traditional dish, or something a little bit more common."  Fast Food chains are ubiquitous worldwide, but I instantly knew this was a perfect opportunity to indulge in a guilty pleasure while satisfying the requirements.





I love Jack in the Box tacos!  They are unlike any taco I have ever had.  A traditional taco shell is filled with the taco meat (a seasoned combination of beef and texturized vegetable protein) and is then deep fried (God bless America).  Then a slice of American cheese, shredded lettuce and taco sauce are added.  That's it.  I found a You Tube video of the process.  This deliciousness is easily attainable at 2 for a dollar only in certain parts of these fine United States of America!



2012.12.06.
[Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM]

No comments:

Post a Comment